Re-shoot and Re-edit Blog

 Hey everyone and welcome back to another blog! Today I will be talking about the process my group and I went through to re film and edit our film.

We all met up one final time to re film a couple scenes that Mackena and Marissa's dad mentioned needed tweaking as well as some scenes the group wanted to change too.

The first scene we tackled was park scene. This scene was just too busy. there were way too many people in the background, so we needed to change the scene asap. The twin's dad had mentioned earlier to maybe just change the location completely and I loved that idea. Since we were at Marissa and Mackena's house, Marissa came up with the great idea to use their community pool. This was a great idea! So, Mackena and I had to change back into the toddler's clothes we had from a couple weeks ago since this scene was of young Mackena and Riley.

 Instead of the swing scene, Marissa came up with the idea to use chalk. SO another scene we filmed was of Mackena and I playing with chalk outside. Marissa had these "children at play" signs that we used to really add to the fact that Mackena and I are little kids here. In the chalk we wrote "R + M 4 EVA" which helps foreshadow to the title of the film.

We then walked over to the pool and thank goodness there was nobody there! I was so happy because we didn't have to worry about other people getting in the scene like last time. This scene was the quickest and easiest scene we filmed throughout the whole production. All Mackena and I had to do was sit across the pool and play with our toys. We were to far away from the camera, so Peyton and Marissa had us move a little closer and we got the scene in one shot!

The next thing we needed to re do was the scene of Marissa and I talking. We needed to clarify that Mackena and Marissa are sisters in the film. This was super easy. The only thing we needed to change in the script was just Marissa saying, "My sister" and that was an easy fix that didn't take too long at all.

Last but not least once we put all the scenes together, we had to fix the flashback scenes. Peyton had already added a filter over these flashback scenes. It just wasn't super obvious that those were flashbacks. So, Peyton went into Cap cut and searched for some filters and came upon the perfect filter in my opinion. It added an "old" feel to it that I really liked. I mentioned we should make it look like black and white, so Peyton just turned the color down and it looked perfect! We all watched a couple times, and everything looked great.

I'm so happy that everything turned out great and can't wait to show it off! We are nearing the end! See you in the next blog!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog