Editing Blog - Final Touches

 Hello and welcome back! Today I will be talking about the final touches Peyton, and I made to perfect our film. 

We left off with Peyton still editing the film, and I had to leave school early. The next day to my surprise she had finished editing the film! In class she was super excited to show me the film as was I. So, she should me the finished product and overall, it was really good. The scenes all matched up great, but there were still some edits that needed to be tweaked.

The main thing that I noticed that needed to be fixed was the flashback scene of Mackena and I. More specifically the one of me finding Mackena in the laundry room while playing hide and go seek. The scene itself looked great but it needed a filter to add the flashback effect. Peyton agreed with me 100% that we needed to add a filter. So, we both sat down in class and went through a couple different filters. Peyton had already put a filter on, but it was really vague and unnoticeable. We both liked this filter, so we just heightened the color of it, so it looked better. This scene was still missing something though. I recommended the idea of making it black and white. Peyton liked this idea. So, we tried to make it black and white but not on 100% opacity. We did it about 45% opacity and it looked perfect!

The next thing that needed a lot of tweaking was the sounds. Peytons song that she put in the beginning was way too loud in my opinion, so we lowered it just so it wasn't so shocking from the beginning. We also lowered a lot over Marissa and I talking in the film. The next sound we had to fix was my song. this song was used as background music to create some suspense, but the music was way too low. I could barely hear it when Peyton was showing me the film. So, we both agreed to raise the music up a little more. Once we finished that the last sound that needed tweaking was the rise sound effect at the end of the film. In my opinion this sound went from way to quiet to way too loud too fast, so it just seemed too sudden. So, we lowered this sound which was a little more difficult to make sure it fit in the right spot. Once we got this sound to fit in correctly the film sounded and looked great!

We still had one big problem though. The film was 3 seconds too long. This may not seem like a lot but that's three seconds of the film that exceeds our limit. So Peyton and I went through the whole film scene by scene to see if there was anything we could cut out to reach the 2 minute limit. Once we finished this we watched the whole thing from the beginning and made sure everything lined up. After this it truly looked perfect in my opinion. I am really happy with the tweaks Peyton, and I did to fix the film!

Anyways see you guys in the next blog



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog